In this article you’ll find:
- The Widget Builder
- Style Options
- Customizing Widget Templates
- Widget Parameters
- API vs Widgets
The Widget Builder
Navigate to Content > Widgets
Widget Builder Fields
- Number of Results: You can enter any number up to 50.
- Days Ahead: You can enter any number up to 365.
- Groups/Departments: The builder allows you to select one group. If you’d like to pull multiple groups’ or departments’ events you can tack on more groups or departments to the URL (&groups=group_a&groups=group_b OR &departments=department_a&departments=department_b). It’s just not currently baked into the actual builder.
- Keywords and Tags: Enter all applicable words.
- Note: this is only available to admins.
- Only Show Featured: When checked, only events flagged as a featured event will be included.
- Only Show Sponsored: When checked, only events flagged as a sponsored will be included.
- Include All Matching Instances: If checked, the widget will display all recurring instances. If not checked, the widget will only display the first instance in the recurring chain.
- Places: Select all that apply.
- Filters: Select all that apply.
- Content Must Match
- At least one place, group keyword or tag, and one filter item
- Any place, group, keyword, tag, or filter item
- At least one place and group, and all keywords, tags, and filter items
- Any place or group, and at least one keyword or tag, and one filter item
- Excluded Content: Any filters specified in these drop downs will not be included in the widgets. This is helpful in an “all, but one” situation.
- Hide past events