- Account Settings
- User Dropdown
- User Data Download
- Interest Reports
From your public-facing platform, hover over the user dropdown. Under Preferences, select Settings. By default, you’ll see your Account Settings (*required):
- Full Name*
- Email Address*
- Zip code
- Connect with Twitter
- Connect with Facebook
- Connect with Google
- Connect with LinkedIn
- Change password
All users are opted in by default to receive all notifications. They can change what they want to receive at any point in time. To access Notifications settings, navigate to User Menu > Settings > Notifications. If a user has not verified their email account, they will not receive any notification emails. Users can change Notifications settings on the following:
- Someone sends me a message, friend request, or event invitation
- Someone accepts my friend request or event invitation
- Someone comments on an event I’m attending
- Details changes on event I’m attending
- A friend RSVPs to an event I’m attending
- I submit an event, or it is approved or rejected
- Digest of tomorrow’s plans
- Reminder to leave a review for an event I attended
- Periodic trending events newsletter
To access Privacy settings, navigate to the Account Settings page and select Privacy. By default, all user profile information can be viewed by Everyone. Other privacy options are Just My Friends (applies to friends in Localist), and Nobody. Users can change Privacy settings on the following:
- Main profile
- Upcoming plans
- Events I’ve attended
- My followed places
- My friends
- My recent comments and reviews
- My photos
Hovering over the profile photo will display a drop down with links to various pieces of a user’s profile and account.
- Calendar Admin (if applicable): This allows Admins access to the Admin Dashboard from the front end.
- Dashboard: Shows a complete overview of upcoming plans, activity and, number of follows.
- Public Profile: Shows the user what the public sees. It updates as they change their privacy settings.
- My Calendar: Shows a list of all events on which a user clicked the I’m Interested button.
- Messages: If a user has corresponded with another Localist user, this is where the messages will be displayed.
- Reviews: All events on which the user clicked the I’m Interested button will be listed here to be reviewed at any time once the event is in the past.
- Friends & Places: Shows a list all “friends” added on the Localist platform and places that the user follows.
- Photos: Shows all photos added by a user.
- Settings: Edit Account, Notifications, or Privacy settings.
- Logout: Allows the user to log-out
Selecting My Calendar will display a list of all events on which a user has clicked the “I’m Interested” button.
- Hover over the profile photo to access the User Dropdown
- Select My Calendar (nested beneath Me in the User Dropdown)
Users who mark themselves as “I’m Interested” in an event will receive a reminder notification the day before the event and a prompt to review the event the day after the event. Keep in mind that a user is automatically marked as “I’m Interested” for event hosted by Place, Group, and/or Department Pages that they follow.
User Data Download
For security purposes, user data is not available via Localist’s API because it is publicly accessible. For this reason, user data has been provided as a CSV download that is only accessible to Platform Admins. To download your User List:
- In the Admin Dashboard, navigate to Users > All Users
- On the user results page, select Export CSV
Available User Data
- Verified (yes/no)
- Pending (yes/no)
- Trusted (yes/no)
- Sign-up Date
- + Any custom fields you have added to your platform that apply to users.
Accessing the Interest Report
Navigate to a live event’s edit form in the Admin Dashboard
You can do so by navigating to Events > Live or by searching an event’s name.
In the edit form,navigate to Metrics in the top bar
From there select People Interested
To export this data as a CSV, select the Download Interest Report button
This reports lists the user’s name, email address (if they responded via Localist), the date they are attending and the source of their Interest.