There are many ways for users to interact with friends and others on the platform.
In this article you will find:
- I’m Interested
- Invite Friends
- User Activity
I’m Interested is a way to gauge user interest and ballpark attendance numbers. By default, every event listing has an “I’m Interested” button.
How it Works
1. When a user selects I’m Interested, the event will be added to My Plans in the user’s dashboard (their personal Localist calendar). If it is a repeating event, the user will be prompted to select all dates or specific instances.
2. After selecting I’m Interested button, a “You’re interested” message will appear in place of the I’m Interested button. To remove the event, the user only needs to select change dates (recurring event) or not interested (non-recurring event).
3. Then the user will be added to the “People Going” box and will be listed on the Attendee roster found on the event’s edit page in admin.
4. The user will receive two emails:
- Reminder: The day before the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email reminder to attend the event.
- Review: The day after the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email prompting them to review the event.
To read more about I’m Interested, click here.
By default, every event details page includes an Invite Friends button. When clicked, a box will appear to select to invite all “friends” on the Localist platform or to enter specific email addresses.
If the email receiving the invitation is associated an account in Localist, the individual will be prompted to sign in and the invitation will be available via the notification next to me, which will take them to their Activity Feed.
If the email receiving the invitation is not associated with an account in Localist, the link in the email will take the individual to the event’s details page.
By default, every event details page includes a Recent Activity section below the filter details, etc.
- Those who mark themselves with “I’m Interested” will be notified when someone comments on the event, but the user cannot reply directly to the commenter via email. The only way to respond is by leaving a public comment on the event details page.
- When the event becomes a past event, a review button will also be included + any submitted reviews.