There are many ways for users to interact with friends and others on the platform.
I’m Interested is a way to gauge user interest and provide a ballpark idea of attendance numbers. By default, every event listing has an “I’m Interested” button.
How It Works
1. When a user selects I’m Interested, the event is added to My Plans in the user’s dashboard (their personal Localist calendar). If it is a repeating event, the user will be prompted to select all dates or specific instances.
2. Once I’m Interested is selected, a “You’re interested” message will appear in place of the I’m Interested button. To remove the event, the user only needs to select change dates (recurring event) or not interested (non-recurring event).
3. Then the user will be added to the “People Going” box and will be listed on the People Interested roster found on the event’s edit page in admin.
4. The user will receive two emails:
- Reminder: The day before the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email reminder to attend the event.
- Review: The day after the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email prompting them to review the event.
By default, every event details page includes an Invite Friends button. When clicked, a box will appear to select to “mention this event to friends” on the Localist platform OR to enter specific email addresses.
If the email receiving the invitation is associated an account in Localist, the individual will be prompted to sign in and the invitation will be available via the notification next to me, which will take them to their My Plans page.
If the email receiving the invitation is not associated with an account in Localist, the link in the email will take the individual to the event’s details page.
By default, every event details page includes a Recent Activity section below the Filter details where users can post comments, reviews, and photos.
- Those who mark themselves as “I’m Interested” will be notified when someone comments on the event, but the user cannot reply directly to the commenter via email. The only way to respond is by leaving a public comment on the event details page.
- When the event becomes a past event, a review button will also be included + any submitted reviews.
Spam Comments and Reviews
Localist offers a few moderation levels to help combat spam. Navigate to the Admin Dash > Settings > Platform Settings > on the Settings page, the following options will be listed in the User Moderation drop-down:
|Automatically approve all posts||All comments and reviews will automatically be approved/published to the calendar.|
|Send any posts that contain links to the moderation queue||This is the default setting. Anytime a user posts a comment/review with a link or HTML, it will go to the moderation queue for approval.|
|Send all first posts to the moderation queue||When a user posts a comment/review for the first time, it will go to the moderation queue for approval. Once the post has been approved, all future posts from this user will automatically be published.|
|Send all posts to the moderation queue||All comments and reviews will go to the moderation queue for approval.|
To manage comments and reviews, go to the Admin Dash > Users > User Activity.
They will be listed in chronological order, starting from the most recent. You can narrow the results by selecting Comments or Reviews and Current Status (Pending, Approved, Rejected) in the Refine Results box.
You also have to option to approve, edit (pencil icon), or delete (trash icon) any comment or review. To bulk delete, select the unwanted comment/review > click Batch Actions > select Delete Selected.