Single Sign On
Out of the box, Localist provides its own local account creation and login feature plus the ability to sign in with Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn.
Social & Local Accounts
Social logins are available through Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn. Local accounts are created directly through Localist.
When signing up, Localist’s account creation has a very low barrier to entry and only requires name + email address. If your platform has social logins, users will also be prompted in the login lightbox to use these services. Once an account is created, you can Login on the calendar homepage.
Platform Admins can customize which login options are available by navigating to Settings > Apps & Integrations in your Admin Dashboard.
Integrating with CAS
- We require a name and email address in order to create the user’s record on our end. CAS does not support sending these extra attributes by default, however Localist does support a common extension of including the name and email in a cas:attributes section of the response. If your system does not support this, the first time a user logs into Localist, we will prompt them for this information.
- If the Localist and/or social login methods are allowed, the CAS login will appear as a button below the username/password fields for Localist accounts.
- If CAS is the only method allowed, the login modal will not be displayed. Instead, the login link will be linked with directly with your CAS login page. The separate sign up functionality that is tied to the Localist login method will also disappear.
Integrating with LDAP
- It is not possible to use LDAP + Localist account logins.
- With LDAP, users will select the Login link on the calendar homepage and sign in directly in the login modal. If other login options are available then they will be listed below (see Login with Facebook below).
Integrating Shibboleth/SAML 2
SAML 2/Shibboleth is set up with a metadata swap, which requires our development team to work directly with campus IT to configure the technical information. Each user will login from a campus-hosted SAML 2/Shibboleth page and will be passed through to the Localist system upon successful authentication.
- If the Localist and/or Facebook login methods are allowed, then theSAML 2/Shibboleth login will appear as a button below the username/password fields for Localist accounts.
- If SAML 2/Shibboleth is the only method allowed, then the login modal will not be displayed. Instead, the login link will be linked with directly with your SAML 2/Shibboleth login page. The separate sign up functionality that is tied to the Localist login method will also disappear.