What is imported?
The SimpleView integration provides the following fields that match fields in Localist.
|Localist Field||SimpleView Field|
|Start Date||Event Date|
|End Date||last Event Date in list|
|Start Time||Start Time|
|End Time||End Time|
|Event Types||Event Category|
|Photo URL||Photo URL*|
|Ticket URL||Ticket URL*|
|External ID||Event ID|
*custom field in SimpleView and must match exactly to import correctly into Localist
Custom Fields in SimpleView
Any custom fields in SimpleView must match the field names exactly as they appear here for the integration to work properly.
- Regions — these will be added as Filters in Localist and what is entered in SimpleView must match the Filter in Localist exactly.
- Photo URL — this must be a direct URL to the image added by your user in SimpleView for it to properly import into Localist. The link must be to the photo itself not a page displaying the image.
- Ticket URL — this will populate Localist’s standard Ticket URL field and trigger a Buy Tickets button on the events landing page.
How is data updated?
Feed Data Takes Precedent
1. Data imported by a feed into Localist will always take precedent over data that has been added or updated in the Localist event. Only the following 3 details can be locked and cut off from further updating:
2. All other details that are brought in via a feed must be changed at the feed source. If it is changed in Localist then the changes will only stick until the next feed import, at which time it will revert back to the data in the feed.
- Exception: If a piece of data is not provided by the feed then any changes or additions in Localist will stick even after the next import. For example, if the feed only provides name/date/time/description/place then anything else, such as a Tag or custom field, will remain as updated in Localist.
3. If fields in a feed match fields in Localist then the data must match exactly to what is saved in Localist. It is not possible to assign aliases or alternative spellings. For example, place names must match the Place Pages and Filters must match your platform’s already existing classification in order to assign properly.
Deleting a Feed Event
1. Deleted in Localist: If an event has been imported to the calendar then deleted, it will reappear if it is sent back over through the feed. Since feed data takes precedent, if the event is present in the feed then it will be re-added to Localist.
- Exception: If an event is rejected from the pending queue then it will not re-appear. If the event is deleted while still in the pending queue then it will be re-imported into the queue.
2. Deleted at the feed source: If an event is removed from the feed source, the event in Localist will not be removed. This is because it is impossible for Localist to determine wether the event has been deleted/cancelled or if the event is just not present in the feed. In this case you will need to delete the instance in the feed and in Localist.
When does the feed import?
All feeds are imported once every 24 hours, overnight. This schedule cannot be changed on a per-feed or per-platform basis.
How do I set it up?
You need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get this feed set up, it is not available from the feed dropdown options. When you email support, you need to include the URL including the API Key for the feed you purchased, similar to the format below: