Scopes of Service
- External Apps: The Localist Support Team are not experts in using external application interfaces or products. If you are exporting content to other services (feeds or widgets) or importing content to Localist (feeds or stylesheets), Support can only guarantee guidance and trouble shooting directly within the Localist platform. To ensure that you receive the most accurate instructions and best advice you may be directed to reach out to the other service’s dedicated Support Team in these scenarios.
Training the Trainer
As a business-to-business service, the Localist Support Team only provides support for administrators and not end-users. As such, please refrain from publishing our contact information publicly or to your greater audience. Since each of our customers platform’s can vary greatly with respect to design, layout and features available, our documentation is industry, platform tier and organization neutral and outlines features and functionalities as they are out-of-the-box. Additionally, as Localist is not directly involved with the administration and management of the platform or content, we do not have the appropriate level of insight to provide guidance on workflows or instructions.
When working with third parties outside of your organization to implement Localist (designer, registrar, partners etc.) Localist Support may assist via email under 3 conditions:
- The customer confirms that the Localist Support Team are able to assist before making introductions.
- The main point of contact at the customer organization must introduce the third party to Localist via email and remain CC’d in future exchanges.
- Localist will not pitch the product for adoption (e.g. securing partners or sponsors), or offer additional training for third parties.
Support@localist.com is the main channel you will use to communicate with the Localist Support Team to address product questions, best practices and bugs/errors.
- Business hours: The Localist Support Team is available between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Eastern Time. Support for non-mission-critical issues outside of these hours is not guaranteed.
- Response time: If you reach out within the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM ET, you should hear back from a member of the Support Team shortly. While we do not guarantee a turn around window, our average first response time is under 3 hours.
- Personal Employee Accounts: Please refrain from emailing members of the Support Team directly. If you send messages to their personal Localist inboxes, a reply will not be guaranteed.
- Social Media: While we do of course monitor our social media channels, we only guarantee support services through firstname.lastname@example.org, so to ensure the timeliest assistance, please email the Support Team directly.
Localist Support services are only guaranteed via email. If you reach out via phone, it is not guaranteed that a team member will be available to assist via phone. Please leave a voicemail with your name, organization, email address along with your questions or a description of your inquiry. A team member will follow back up with you via phone or email depending on the nature of your inquiry.
If you would like a schedule a phone call with a member of the Support Team, you may request a strategy call. A strategy call is a time to discuss the best solutions for your specific needs, best practices and adoption strategies. To schedule a strategy call, Localist Support will need your topics and questions beforehand.
Customers are responsible for administrator trainings within their organization. Localist does not provide direct one-to-one trainings for administrators. A strategy call is not a platform training or open Q&A and will not include step-by-step demonstrations.
Localist Support does not provide technical phone support. The following topics must be discussed via email to ensure accuracy and timeliness: step-by-step instructions, troubleshooting, single-sign on, custom domain, ssl, SILK/CSS/HTML development and the API.
Feature Requests & Roadmap
If you have an idea that you think would make Localist even better for your community, please submit your idea via our Suggestion Box. When submitting an idea, please note the following:
- Localist does not develop features on demand.
- Future development is never guaranteed.
- Timeliness will not be disclosed.
While we do not disclose our roadmap, we typically base our roadmap around highly requested features that will have a wide impact, so as the tides change, so does our roadmap.
Our roadmap is flexible by design as it allows us to develop and implement features (small and big) as needs reach critical mass. When evaluating requests we often ask questions like these:
- Has this been requested by other customers?
- Is the requesting customer’s platform being actively used by their audience?
- Is this addressing a hypothetical situation, or a wider problem?
- Will this add to a positive end-user experience?
- How will this change affect how other customers are utilizing our current features?
- Is this addressing a specific organization’s unique workflow or will a large number of customers benefit from it?
New Customers: Welcome Call
Now that you’re up to speed on what to expect from The Localist Team, your first official step of the onboarding process is a Welcome Call with your Customer Success Manager. By scheduling this call, you are acknowledging that you have read this guide in its entirety. If you have any questions about what is outlined, your Customer Success Manager will be ready to discuss during this call. *This step is only applicable to new customers.