Localist is able to connect with Salesforce to automatically export your event’s attendee data to your Salesforce account. Localist’s communication with Salesforce is Localist -> Salesforce only.
Salesforce Export Data
- Event (“Lecture Series”) = Parent Campaign
- Event Instances (“Lecture Series – June 1, 2020”) = Child Campaign
- Attendees = Campaign Members
- Attendee Status
- “I’m Interested” selected= interested
- Purchased a ticket = purchased
- Ticket checked in = checked_In
In Salesforce Setup create a Connected App (some labels vary based on Lightning or Classic). More details can be found in the Salesforce Documentation.
- Find the App Manager in Salesforce Setup
- Classic: Setup > Build > Create > Apps
- Lightning: Setup > Platform Tools > Apps > App Manager
- Create a New Connected App
- Fill out name, contact details as desired
- Check “Enable OAuth Settings”
- Set “Callback URL” to https://login.localist.com
- Add “Full access (full)” under “Selected OAuth Scopes”
- Check “Require Secret for Web Server Flow”
- Click Save
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details.
(1) Connected App
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Are you using a Salesforce sandbox or not?
(2) Salesforce User Account
- Must have access to create, modify, and retrieve Leads, Contacts, Campaigns and modify custom fields on all of the above.
- This user will be the “creator”/”owner” of the items it creates so it should be a dedicated user so it’s clear what data is coming from the integration vs. added by another Salesforce user.
- Additional Settings
- Setting IP restrictions to “Relax IP restrictions”
- Setting permitted users to “All users may self-authorize”
Once the account is created per the above specifications, please provide the following account information.
- Password +
- Security Token
If any of the above changes after the initial setup, it will break the integration and require reconfiguration. A team member will be in touch once the Salesforce integration is configured on the Localist side