Localist is able to connect with Salesforce to automatically export your event’s attendee data to your Salesforce account. Localist’s communication with Salesforce is Localist -> Salesforce only.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Salesforce match incoming data from Localist?
Localist first tries to match on Contacts, then on Leads in Salesforce. If a record needs to be created, it will be a Lead.
How does the integration handle errors on the Salesforce side?
If Salesforce rejects the incoming data, or there is an error creating something, it will not be created in Salesforce.
How many Salesforce integrations are all per-platform?
The integration allows for one Salesforce instances per platform.
Salesforce Export Data
- Event (“Lecture Series”) = Parent Campaign
- Event Instances (“Lecture Series – June 1, 2020”) = Child Campaign
- Attendees = Campaign Members
- Attendee Status
- “I’m Interested” selected= interested
- Purchased a ticket = purchased
- Ticket checked in = checked_In
In Salesforce Setup create a Connected App (some labels vary based on Lightning or Classic). More details can be found in the Salesforce Documentation.
- Find the App Manager in Salesforce Setup
- Classic: Setup > Build > Create > Apps
- Lightning: Setup > Platform Tools > Apps > App Manager
- Create a New Connected App
- Fill out name, contact details as desired
- Check “Enable OAuth Settings”
- Set “Callback URL” to https://login.localist.com
- Add “Full access (full)” under “Selected OAuth Scopes”
- Check “Require Secret for Web Server Flow”
- Click Save
Email email@example.com with the following details.
(1) Connected App
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Are you using a Salesforce sandbox or not?
(2) Salesforce User Account
- Must have access to create, modify, and retrieve Leads, Contacts, Campaigns and modify custom fields on all of the above.
- This user will be the “creator”/”owner” of the items it creates so it should be a dedicated user so it’s clear what data is coming from the integration vs. added by another Salesforce user.
- Additional Settings
- Setting IP restrictions to “Relax IP restrictions”
- Setting permitted users to “All users may self-authorize”
Once the account is created per the above specifications, please provide the following account information.
- Password +
- Security Token
If any of the above changes after the initial setup, it will break the integration and require reconfiguration. A team member will be in touch once the Salesforce integration is configured on the Localist side