Localist Pre-Onboarding Prep
Are you itching to get a head start on preparing for your Localist implementation? If so, we’ve got you covered! Below we’ve outlined some key pieces of information for you to research, identify who needs to be involved, and actions you can take pre-onboarding.
To better track and evaluate your success after adopting Localist, your Onboarding Specialist will work with your team to collect baseline data from your current solution. Examples: 12 month Google Analytics report, total registrations vs. attendees, ticketing revenue, year-over-year retention, social shares, approval response time. This data will be used only for internal analysis.
- Research: What metrics are you currently tracking? Where are they available and who will need to provide them?
- Action: Compile applicable data to be shared with your Onboarding Specialist after your Platform Tour call.
In Localist you’ll have the opportunity to add “Groups, which creates a dedicated landing page on your platform and simplifies the event creation process. You can think of “Groups” as clubs, organizations, departments or even stakeholders in your community who are organizing and hosting events.
- Research: Is a list of applicable groups available?
- Action: Pull these groups into a CSV.
You’ll also have the opportunity to add “Places”, which creates a dedicated landing page on your platform and simplifies the event creation process.
- Research: Is a list of applicable places available?
- Action: Pull these places into a CSV with their name + address.
Your platform’s URL can be its own domain, such as events.com, or it can be a subdomain of your website, such as events.website.com.
- Research: What domain will you be using?
- Action: Determine who in your organization is responsible for managing domains and loop them into your onboarding plans.
Does your organization use SSO for easy account management? Localist can integrate with CAS, LDAP, Shibboleth/SAML2 and OpenID.
- Research: Will you be using SSO for logins?
- Action: Determine who in your organization is responsible for managing SSO and loop them into your onboarding plans. To get the ball rolling, check out our SSO documentation here: https://support.localist.com/single-sign-on.
You can use an existing header/footer on your Localist platform, or stick with light branding using your logo and color palette.
- Research: What pairing of your header/footer would you like to use? What page of your website includes this pairing?
- Action: Determine 1) who will be responsible for branding and 2) where your branding guidelines are located and 3) whether you’d like to apply a header/footer to the platform.
During onboarding, you can migrate existing event content with feeds or bulk CSV uploads to your Localist platform.
- Research: How can existing content be exported? Are ICS, RSS, or CSV feeds available?
- Action: Gather all applicable feed URLs.