|Onboarding Specialist||60 days||1 year|
|Advanced Phone Support||✘||✔|
|User Help Assistance||✘||✔|
Connecting with the CX Team
Email is the primary method for connecting with the Localist Customer Experience Team to address product questions, best practices and bugs/errors. To connect with the Localist CX Team, please complete the relevant form at support.localist.com/contact.
- Business hours: 9 AM – 5 PM Eastern Time. Support for non-mission-critical issues outside of these hours is not guaranteed.
- Response time: If you reach out within business hours, you should hear back from a member of the CX Team shortly. While we do not guarantee a turn around window, our average first response time is under 3 hours.
- Personal Employee Accounts: Please refrain from emailing members of the CX Team directly. If you send messages to their personal Localist inboxes, a reply will not be guaranteed.
- External Apps: The CX Team are not experts in using external application interfaces or products. If you are exporting content to other services (feeds or widgets) or importing content to Localist (feeds or stylesheets), The CX Team can only guarantee guidance and trouble shooting directly within the Localist platform. To ensure that you receive the most accurate instructions and best advice you may be directed to reach out to the other service’s dedicated CX Team in these scenarios.
To kickoff the onboarding process, all customers are provided with an introductory Platform Tour that provides a high level overview of Localist features hosted by your Onboarding Specialist. Beyond this call, Localist Support services are only guaranteed via email. If you reach out via phone, it is not guaranteed that a team member will be available to assist via phone. Please leave a voicemail with your name, organization, email address along with your questions or a description of your inquiry. A team member will follow back up with you via phone or email depending on the nature of your inquiry.
- Technical Support: Localist Support does not provide technical phone support. The following topics must be discussed via email to ensure accuracy and timeliness: step-by-step instructions, troubleshooting, single-sign on, custom domain, ssl, SILK/CSS/HTML development and the API.
You will have a dedicated Onboarding Specialist working with your team for the entirety of your first year with Localist as a Support Bold customer, and the first three months as a Kickoff Bold customer. During these periods, your Onboarding Specialist will aim to prioritize your inquiries before standard support customers. Additionally, your Onboarding Specialist will provide your team with a collaborative Google Sheet that will be used to track progress, call topics and feedback.
In addition to your Welcome and Platform Tour calls, Support Bold customers are offered six 30-minute phone calls that are flexible in agenda and format based on the customer’s needs and implementation status. You may request the following call formats:
- Progression (most popular!): check-in calls scheduled at strategic intervals.
- #1 (required): Your first progression call will be a Classification Review that will commence once you have completed your Classifications. During this time your Onboarding Specialist will provide tailored recommendations based on best practices and customer success.
- #2 (suggested): Wrap up any loose ends with Classification after your team has made necessary edits based on call #1. Typically this call will address how to start adding events through feeds, bulk-uploads, etc. This is also an ideal time to further discuss Admin Permissions.
- #3 (suggested): Once your team has started adding events to the platform, your Onboarding Specialist will guide you through how you can prepare to promote events through Channels and Widgets.
- #4 (suggested): At this time you will be wrapping up implementation action items, so this time is optimal for discussing how you will be rolling out your Localist platform to your community.
- Strategy: one-off feature or topical deep dives. Technical topics excluded (see Standard Phone Support).
- Q&A: a round-robin session where your Onboarding Specialist will answer questions of any topic.
To ensure that your time with your Onboarding Specialist is productive, we kindly request the following:
- Send specific questions and topics you’d like to review to your Onboarding Specialist ahead of the call.
- Only include team members who are 100% up to speed on your implementation process and the platform.
- If a decision is not applicable to your Onboarding Specialist, please hold these discussions until after the call.
After your Platform Tour call, your Onboarding Specialist will provide a recommended timeline based on your tentative launch date. Throughout your implementation process this timeline will be adjusted as needed assuming the customer communicates changing priorities and schedules with their Onboarding Specialist.
User Help Assistance
Your Onboarding Specialist can review, add and style customer provided guidelines for the Public Event Submission Form and/or the Login Lightbox.
If your team crafts internal help documentation for either users or admins, your Onboarding Specialist is available to review your content for accuracy and best practices. The customer is solely responsible for the development of such materials.
The customer is solely responsible for all actions required during setup. This includes, but is not limited to, adding Events, Filters, Groups/Places, Channels, Widgets and Settings. During your time with Localist, you can expect the CX Team to provide the following:
- Product navigation help.
- Recommendations tailored to your goals.
- Advice grounded in industry best practices.
- Inspiration from other successful Localist customers.
The following actions may completed by your Implementation Specialist on your behalf. The customer has full access to complete actions as they see fit.
|Bulk uploading of events from customer-provided spreadsheets||Bulk uploading any event spreadsheets that are provided by the customer, according to the customer’s specifications||Individually adding, editing or approving events|
|Calendar setting changes||Configuring settings according to the customer’s needs||n/a|
|Custom Domain||If given access to registrar, configuring appropriate CNAME record for domain||Purchasing a custom domain or purchasing on behalf of a customer|
|Feed configuration||Configuring feeds provided by the customer||Identifying and curating feeds from external sources, approving feed events and managing content in external applications|
|Landing page management||Reviewing and uploading any customer providing spreadsheets.||Identifying and curating info from external sources.|
|Newsletter creation and design||Building and designing newsletters to the customer’s specifications||Managing recipients and scheduling/sending newsletters|
|Photo Library management||Updating the Photo Library per the customer’s request||Creating or curating images.|
|Informational boxes||Creating boxes or CTA’s to the customer’s specifications||Building out linked content or scripting copy|
|Single sign-on setup||If given access, Localist will cover all steps involved. If not, coordinating with customer to set up.||n/a|
|Submission Guidelines||Localist will draft the copy based off of customer’s workflow and policies that are shared through a short survey. Once approved by the customer, Localist will implement. Styling is included with Custom CSS/Theme Editor action.||Drafting guidelines for the customer.|
|User permissions||Updating existing user’s permissions.||Manually adding users.|
|Widget creation and design||Customizing widgets to the customer’s specifications. If given access to CMS, Localist will add a homepage widget.||Localist Widget Builder only (no API development), changes to the containing page and embedding widgets outside of the website homepage.|
Your Onboarding Specialist can apply the following customizations to your platform:
- Customer header/footer
- Logo (customer provided if no header/footer)
- Font families, colors, sizes and weights
- Background colors, borders and shading
- Text-decoration and hover styles
Support Bold does not include the following:
- HTML Theme Editor modifications. Your Onboarding Specialist is available to apply your brand’s aesthetic elements to the default, out-of-the-box platform. As such, your team will be responsible for any edits that require HTML modifications. These changes include, but are not limited to changing the structure of Localist content and language.
- Building features on demand. Example: a 30-day grid view of events.
- Changing the default functionalities. Example: event feed import times.
Preparing Your Team
Ensure your team is on the same page with regards to goals, expectations and roles during the onboarding process. Once you have reviewed and submitted the corresponding Onboarding Survey, your next step will be to schedule your Platform Tour.