Intro to Branding Tools
Localist offers three branding tools (SILK Wrapper, Custom CSS, and the HTML Theme Editor) that work together to achieve anything from a basic theming to extensive customization.
As your main branding tool, the SILK Wrapper allows your Localist platform to adopt your main website’s header, footer, and base CSS. For organizations looking to achieve a slick, but simple level of customization, implementing a wrapper is the first and only step toward achieving 100% brand adoption.
Custom CSS allows you to make surface level changes to elements that are already built, whether by the customer or provided out-of-the-box by Localist. You can add Custom CSS to the stylesheet within your wrapper or directly into Localist. With Custom CSS, you’re able to make changes to:
- Background, shadows and borders
- Border Radius
- Text decoration
HTML Theme Editor
You can use Localist’s Theme Editor to access your platform’s HTML to customize how your event data is presented.
In the Theme Editor you can:
- Add a link to a platform page
- Move elements
- Add Custom Guidelines to the event submission form
- Change what photo size is referenced
Navigate via Settings > Appearance
- SILK Wrapper URL: Place the link to the page that is hosting your wrapper in this field.
- Include Localist Styles: Unchecking this will remove all styles that Localist provides by default.
- Colors, Fonts & CSS: Select Customize to use Localist’s built in editor to modify these styles.
- Satellite Map: Checking this will display Google’s Satellite-view map instead of the default street-view map.
- Custom Logo:This will be displayed in the top left corner of your calendar. If you are using a SILK wrapper this is not necessary to add.
- Responsive Design: This is selected by default and it will optimize your platform’s display for tablets and smartphones. If using a SILK wrapper, it must support responsive design.
- Themes: This is where you access Localist’s HTML editor.