I’m Interested is a way to gauge user interest and ballpark attendance numbers. By default, every event listing has an “I’m Interested” button.
How it Works
1. When a user selects I’m Interested, the event will be added to My Plans in the user’s dashboard (their personal Localist calendar). If it is a repeating event, the user will be prompted to select all dates or specific instances.
2. After selecting I’m Interested button, a “You’re interested” message will appear in place of the I’m Interested button. To remove the event, the user only needs to select change dates (recurring event) or not interested (non-recurring event).
3. Then the user will be added to the “People Interested” box and will be listed on the Attendee roster found on the event’s edit page in admin.
4. The user will receive two emails:
- Reminder: The day before the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email reminder to attend the event.
- Review: The day after the event, users who selected I’m Interested will automatically receive an email prompting them to review the event.
I’m Interested + Ticketing
The I’m Interested functionality does not take the place of official ticketing as there is no cap on how many people can select I’m Interested and not purchases are made via this method. The purpose of this functionality is to add the event to a user’s personal calendar to trigger a reminder + review.
If an event includes a ticket URL for purchasing or registering, users will be prompted to continue to the external ticketing service when they select the I’m Interested button. If it is a free event (ticket URL + no price) then the button will display Register.
It is not possible to hide the I’m Interested button platform-wide or to place a cap on how many people can select I’m Interested.