Highlighting Events on Your Homepage
Displaying event content on your homepage is absolutely crucial – not just to ensure the success of your online events calendar, but also the success of each event on your calendar and your website as a whole! Need inspiration? We’ve gathered some of our favorite ways that our customers highlight events on their website homepages. Here’s how:
- Show off what you have to offer – Your homepage serves as the first impression for website visitors. Giving a glimpse of what’s going on gives a breath of personality and community to your page.
- Easy navigation – Make event content just one click away from your homepage and readily discoverable for your visitor’s eyes.
- Increase event visibility – Whether you want to raise attendance at a specific event or drive traffic to your main calendar, displaying content on your homepage is the first step towards your goal.
Choosing a Display
Ultimately, the best display will vary from organization to organization depending on your homepage design and its overall goals.
Below you’ll find a variety of styles, layouts and placements of events on website home pages that we hope inspires you to add events to your website homepage thoughtfully and creatively.
– Note –
Not all displays featured are being powered directly by Localist widgets.
The Common Thread: All of these formats showcase events in a way that is easily discoverable and digestible to users.
Alongside News & Social
- Mini Calendar & View Full Calendar button
- Blurb about event community and calendar
- Twitter hashtag + Blurb & “I’m Interested”