To add a Group Page: Navigate to Classifications > Groups > + Add Group
To add a Department Page: Navigate to Classifications > Departments > + Add Department
- If you’re not already using Department Pages and would like to turn them on, email Localist Support at email@example.com
Group & Department Page Fields
- Name: This will be displayed as the Group/Department’s name in the directory listing, on the event list, and on event details pages.
- Description: No character limit, but only around 150 characters will be displayed before being truncated on the main listing.
- Group (or Department) Website: This website will be linked under the Group or Department’s name on the landing page as View Group (or Department) Website.
- Twitter Username: This will be linked in a Twitter icon on the right side of the landing page.
- Facebook Page: This will be linked in the Facebook icon on the right side of the landing page.
- Vanity URL: This will give the group landing page a custom URL.
- For example “The Fine Arts Cooperative” will be .edu/the_fine_arts_cooperative, but it can be changed to .edu/fac, etc.
- News Feed RSS URL: This feed will be displayed under Upcoming Events on the Group or Department Page.
- Photo: This photo will be displayed on the listing and landing page for the Group or Department. It may be used as a part of the Fallback Chain when an event does not have a unique photo.
- Skip Officer Approval: When checked, users who select Follow Group or Follow Department will automatically be added as a follower.
- This does not equate to official group membership.
Assigning an Event to a Group or Department
When in an event’s edit/create form, you will see a section titled Classifications. Group/Departments are listed with a corresponding drop-down. The Upcoming Events section of the Group or Department Page displays the 5 closest future events, starting with the closest.
Managing Live Groups & Departments
Group Officer is a Localist permission level. It is not an administrator permission – which means the user will not be able to access the Admin Dashboard. That said, from the public-facing interface, the Group Officer permission allows the user to:
- Use the Public Submission Form to submit events related to that Group or Department for approval
- Edit the Group/Department description
- Send messages to Group/Department members
- Approve membership requests.
To view a complete list of all Group Officers and their respective Groups/Departments, navigate from the Admin Dashboard to Classifications > Groups (or Departments) > Officers
Approving Group & Department Follow Requests
Platform Admins and Group Admins can manage follow requests in the Admin Dashboard. Navigate to Groups > Follow Requests OR Departments > Follow Requests.
This page displays a list of all pending requests and can be filtered per Group or Department by using the drop down.
- Reject: This user will not be allowed to follow the group.
- Verify as Officer: This user will be allowed to follow the Group/Department and will be a officer for the Group/Department.
- Verify: This user will be allowed to follow the Group/Department.
Populating a CSV
Field data will need to be entered the same way you would enter it manually in the edit/create forms. Available Fields for Groups and Departments
- Photo URL
- Skip Officer Approval
- Facebook URL
*Type is referring to the default Group Type Filters. However, if you create a custom Filter to be applied to Groups then another column with the Filter’s name, such as “Campus,” will automatically be included when downloading your template. After you are finished building your spreadsheet you must export the file as a CSV. On the pages where you downloaded the templates you will see a file button to select your CSV.
Group Types are also assigned to Department Pages and live in the Group/Department directories. The Group Types will rearrange themselves in each directory based on the number of pages assigned to each Filter (i.e. the number in the parenthesis next to the Group Type)