In this article you’ll find:
- Featured Events
- Adding a Featured Event
- Featured Tabs
- Sponsored Events
- Changing styling on Sponsored events
- Sponsoring an event
Featured events are events that you would like to give a prime spot on your calendar homepage or channels in the Featured Events Carousel to receive some extra attention.
- The order is chronological and can not be customized or manually decided.
- Once an event is in the past it will be removed from the carousel automatically.
- The Featured Carousel displays 10 events at a time, however, you can flag an infinite number of events as Featured
- Featured Events are displayed in chronological order
- Once an event is in the past, it is automatically removed from the Featured Carousel
- An event can be featured and sponsored at the same time.
- It is not possible to slow down the slider time, or remove the automatic sliding.
- Events can only be Featured by Event Admins who have the Feature/Sponsor Events permission level.
Adding A Featured Event
1. Navigate to Events > Live
2. Select the event from the Live list
3. From the Featured dropdown select which Channels (including the homepage) you want the event Featured on.
Assigning in a Bulk Upload CSV
1. Download a Bulk Upload CSV Template
2. In the Featured Tabs column, enter the name of the Featured Tab*
*The names must match exactly.
To Add multiple Featured Events Carousels to the same Channel:
1. Navigate to Content > Channels
2. Select the Edit Layout button for the Channel (i.e. Homepage) you want to modify
3. In the left column you will see a Featured Tabs component:
- Featured Tabs: A group of sliders. By default, there is only one slider.
- Featured Slider: Additional sliders can be added (See: Concerts and Conferences).
4. Select +Add New Featured Slider
5. Save Changes
Sponsored events are a unique way to give an event unique styling throughout the calendar and a prominent spot on your homepage in your Trending events list.
Here’s how it works:
1. The event will be given a boost in the Trending algorithm, which will result in it appearing on any Trending list–whether it be a Trending list on your homepage or another channel.
2. Unique styling can be specified with Custom CSS so that the event stands out in the Trending events list and another results pages.
- A Sponsored Event must be occurring in the next 90 days from the current day in order for it to be displayed on the homepage. However, if it occurs farther out the unique styling will still be applied. Once it falls within the 90 day window the Trending algorithm will take it into account.
- The order in which Sponsored Events appear on your homepage can only be determined by Localist’s Trending algorithm.
- Once a Sponsored Event is in the past, it will be removed from the homepage, but the sponsored styling will remain.
- Events can be Featured and Sponsored at the same time.
- The unique styling can be specified with custom CSS
- You can flag an infinite number of events as Sponsored
- Events can only be sponsored by Event Admins who have the Feature/Sponsor Events permission level.
Changing styling on Sponsored events
Custom CSS for Sponsored events
Title: .item.sponsored h3.summary a
Location: .item.sponsored div.location a
I’m Interested: .item.sponsored a.imgoing