What is imported?
|Localist Field||Cvent Field – Series = No||Cvent Field – Series = Yes|
|Title||Event Title||Session Title|
|if Event Status = “Cancelled”||“Cancelled” + Event Title||“Cancelled” + Session Title|
|Description||Event Description||Session Description|
|Date From||Event Start Date||Session Start Date|
|Date To||Event End Date||Session End Date|
|Start Time (one day event)||Event Start Time||blank|
|Start Time (multi-day event)||blank||Session Start Time|
|End Time (one day event)||Event End Time||blank|
|End Time (multi-day event)||blank||Session End Time|
|Event Website||Event Website URL||Event Website URL|
|Room||Address 3||Room Number|
|Photo URL||Photo URL*||Photo URL*|
|Ticket URL||Event Webpage URL||Event Webpage URL|
|External ID||Event Code||Event Code + Session Start Date (MMDDYYY)|
|Attendance Options||Attendance Options*||Attendance Options*|
*custom field in Cvent
Custom Fields in Cvent
Any custom fields in Cvent must match the field names exactly as they appear here for the integration to work properly.
- Photo URL — this must be a direct URL to the image added by your user in Cvent for it to properly import into Localist. The link must be to the photo itself not a page displaying the image.
- Attendance Options — these will be added as Filters in Localist and what is entered in Cvent must match the Filter in Localist exactly.
How is data updated?
Feed Data Takes Precedent
1. Data imported by a feed into Localist will always take precedent over data that has been added or updated in the Localist event. Only the following 3 details can be locked and cut off from further updating:
2. All other details that are brought in via a feed must be changed at the feed source. If it is changed in Localist then the changes will only stick until the next feed import, at which time it will revert back to the data in the feed.
- Exception: If a piece of data is not provided by the feed then any changes or additions in Localist will stick even after the next import. For example, if the feed only provides name/date/time/description/place then anything else, such as a Tag or custom field, will remain as updated in Localist.
3. If fields in a feed match fields in Localist then the data must match exactly to what is saved in Localist. It is not possible to assign aliases or alternative spellings. For example, place names must match the Place Pages and filters must match your platform’s already existing classification in order to assign properly.
Deleting a Feed Event
1. Deleted in Localist: If an event has been imported to the calendar then deleted, it will reappear if it is sent back over through the feed. Since feed data takes precedent, if the event is present in the feed then it will be re-added to Localist.
- Exception: If an event is rejected from the pending queue then it will not re-appear. If the event is deleted while still in the pending queue then it will be re-imported into the queue.
2. Deleted at the feed source: If an event is removed from the feed source, the event in Localist will not be removed. This is because it is impossible for Localist to determine wether the event has been deleted/cancelled or if the event is just not present in the feed. In this case you will need to delete the instance in the feed and in Localist.
When does the feed import?
All feeds are imported once every 24 hours, overnight. This schedule cannot be changed on a per-feed or per-platform basis.
How do I set it up?
You need to contact email@example.com to get this feed set up, it is not available from the feed dropdown options. When you email support, you need to include:
- Cvent Account