Welcome to The Library! This space is dedicated to helping you stay on top of your calendar game and bring team members up to speed with our monthly publication of “LocaLists“.
Frequently Asked Questions
Goals & Growth
Grow with Localist
Deepen engagement with your community and take control of your events with your own dedicated Localist platform.
At Localist we help grow your community and make meaningful connections through the power of events. We’re delighted to see you’re already partnering across your organization to expand your reach.
Learn more about Localist’s preferred customer incentives which enable you to go beyond Channels, Widgets, and Feeds with your own dedicated Localist platform.
Localist Referral Program
Refer a friend or colleague and earn $500!
To earn your $500 gift card just provide the information below and when your referral signs up for their own Localist platform, we’ll send you a $500 gift card. It’s really that easy!
To qualify, your referee must sign up for their own Localist platform. We’ll send your $500 gift card within 30 calendar days of your referee’s first paid invoice.
Localist Admin Training Syllabus
This resource provides the calendar team with a starting point for kicking off your own training with new Admins. It includes a suggested path for training, talking points, brainstorming prompts, and relevant resources to help your Admins become Localist pros!
Before training starts, have your Admins create accounts so they can best follow along:
- Provide them with a clear path for account creation and outline their login options, or
- A Platform Admin can manually create their accounts, then escalate Permissions all at once
Identify your community’s “what” and “why” for choosing Localist as a calendar solution. This helps establish trust, and allows you to share goals with your team. Use the FAQ below as a starting point for introducing Localist to your new Admins:
Introducing Localist FAQs
What is Localist?
Localist is a SaaS company and our platform is a community events calendar. Our vision is to help connect communities through their events. Our tools balance the needs of the event manager with the ideal audience experience. Organizations turn to Localist when they want to optimize the power and reach of their events. Localist offers the efficiency of a centralized marketing calendar, the power of social sharing tools, and the intelligence of analytics to optimize event marketing performance.
Why did our organization switch to Localist as a calendar solution?
Popular reasons across the Localist customer-base include Centralization, Event Discoverability, and Calendar Adoption
Here are a few prompts to keep in mind when addressing why your community made the switch:
- What roadblocks were being hit with the previous solution that Localist helps solve?
- What was the turning point that make the calendar team determine a new solution was the answer?
- What major efforts are coming up that will benefit from using Localist? (i.e. upcoming large events, event series, organizational needs that must be met, etc.)
What goals will Localist help our community reach?
Popular goals from the Localist customer-base include:
- Empowering internal organizations to “own” their events (ex. Departments, Stakeholders, Partners, etc.)
- One-stop shop for all event-related tasks
- Brand consistency
- Metric Tracking
Prompts to keep in mind for addressing your goals:
- What goals were top of mind during your onboarding process? Are they still relevant now?
- What ongoing or long-term goals come to mind?
- Is there a reason for adding new Admins? Are they part of a larger goal or initiative?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
Basic Training Resources
Have your new Admins bookmark the following general training resources provided by Localist:
- Localist Knowledge Base: Full documentation for every feature Localist has to offer. These articles include step by step how-to’s as well as FAQs.
- Glossary: Localist terms defined. Includes links to correlating features.
- The Library: Monthly publication that includes tips, tricks, how-to’s, and more! We suggest starting with the following posts:
Localist Admin Group
Encourage your new Admins to join the Localist Admin Group, powered by LinkedIn. This is a peer space when you can connect, swap tips, share solutions, and provide insights with other Localist Administrators.
Permissions-Based Resources & Tasks
If you’re not sure which Permission to assign, or you’d like to learn more about what each Permission can accomplish, check out our Permissions documentation to determine which will get the job done.
When adding a new Admin in Localist, you’ll need to set them up with the desired Permissions. Below are resources for your Admins to bookmark based on their assigned Permission, as well as tasks, complete with paths, they can complete with their assignments.
Admins who can make changes to global platform settings such as adding Users, escalating Permissions, updating your platform’s branding, bulk-adding, and more.
- Platform Settings: Settings available on the global platform.
- Intro into Branding Tools: High-level outline of branding tools available. Includes links to resources to assist with the branding process.
- Permissions: Outlines all available Permissions in Localist.
- Bulk-Add: How to bulk-add events as well as a helpful outline of the CSV headers.
- Feeds: Importing and exporting feeds in Localist.
Platform Admin Tasks
|Add/Edit Users||Adding a new Users or editing an existing User account.||Admin Dashboard > Users > +Add User OR select an existing User by clicking their name.|
|Permissions||Assigning Permissions to new and existing Users.||Admin Dashboard > Users > All Users > select a User’s name. On the resulting page, check the boxes in the Permissions section and Save Changes.|
|Bulk-Add||Bulk-Add Events, Places, Groups, and/or Departments||Admin Dashboard > Events OR Places OR Groups OR Departments > Bulk-Add.
Download the CSV Template, populate, and upload.
|Feeds||Import CSV, ICS, or RSS event feeds into Localist.||Admin Dashboard > Events > Feeds >+Add Feed OR select an existing Feed to edit.|
|WYSIWYG & Custom CSS||Brand your platform by dropping your hex codes into the WYSIWYG, add fonts, or apply Custom CSS to active/inactive themes.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit Settings for the desired theme|
|Theme Editor||Edit your platform’s HTML by accessing Theme Editor files.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit HTML for the desired theme|
|Event Layouts||Set global event layouts for all event experiences.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance tab > select Edit Layout for the desired Default Event Layout|
|Custom Domain & SSL||Add your platform’s Custom Domain or use the self-serve resources to update your SSL certificates.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Domain & Security tab|
|Register||Apply global settings for Localist Register||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Register tab|
|Apps & Integrations||Manage Social login options, add community social media URLs, add Google Analytics UA code, enable/disable Zoom integration.||Admin Dashboard > Settings > Apps & Integrations|
Admins who are entrusted with adding events directly to the live platform, as well as moderating events in the Pending Queue.
- Event Submissions: Outlines all fields on the submission forms.
- Pending Queue: Actions that can be taken while moderating User-submitted events.
- Event Insights: How to collect insights from event attendees about topic, format, and overall experience during your events.
- 12 Things to Remember When adding Events: LocaList publication with general rules of thumb to keep in mind to ensure event submissions start out on the right foot.
Event Admin Tasks
|Publish Events||If Publish Event is checked, the Admin can add events directly to the platform and bypass the Pending Queue. If it is unchecked, the Admin can still access the Admin Event Form, but their event will go to Pending once saved.||Admin Dashboard > Events > +Add Event OR search for an existing event|
|Feature/Sponsor Event*||Flag an event as Featured or Sponsored.
*Note: Only Event Admins with the added Featured/Sponsored permission may complete this action.
|In the Admin Event Form scroll down to the Promotion section > check Sponsored and/or use the dropdown and select the desired Channel to Feature your event in the carousel.|
|Event Moderation||Approve, Reject, or Edit events via the Pending Queue.||Admin Dashboard > Events > Pending, then:
Admins who create sub-calendars or “homepages” for subsets of events. These folks can control the layout of each Channel on your platform.
- Channels: How/when to use Channels, and an outline of each available Channel component.
- 9 Ways to Make Your Channel Engaging: LocaList publication with tips on how to engage the community through your Channels.
Channel Admin Tasks
|Add Channels||Adding a new sub-calendar to your platform||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels > +Add Channel|
|Channel Layout||Add, drag, and drop components to set the Channel or homepage layout.||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels > Edit Layout for the desired Channel or homepage|
|Channel Settings||Adding cover photo, updating Channel name/URL, setting Visibility options, or applying Channel-specific CSS.||Admin Dashboard > Content > Channels > Edit Settings for desired Channel or homepage|
Admins who can create dedicated landing pages (Groups and/or Departments) for the hosts of, or organizations affiliated with your events.
- Groups & Departments: Benefits of, how to add, and the management of Group & Department Pages.
Group Admin Tasks
|Add/Edit Groups & Departments||Add a new Group and/or Department page on your platform, or edit an existing landing page.||Admin Dashboard > Classifications > Groups OR Departments > +Add Group OR +Add Department|
Admins who can create email campaigns, and assign contacts via Localist’s in-house newsletter tool.
- Bulletin: Campaign form fields, adding contact lists, and managing the display.
- 8 Things You Need to Know About Bulletin: LocaList publication that outlines tips on how to use Bulletin to its fullest potential.
Bulletin Admin Tasks
|Add/Edit Campaigns||Create a new Bulletin Campaign to send to a list of contact.||Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Campaigns > +Add Campaign OR select an existing Campaign’s name|
|Campaign Content/Layout||Add content such as events or other components to your Bulletin Campaign.||Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Campaigns > Select an existing Campaign’s name > select Edit Content & Layout at the top of the resulting page|
|Contact Lists||Add or edit Bulletin Contact lists to assign to Campaigns.||Navigate to Admin Dashboard > Bulletin > Contact Lists > +Add Contact List OR select an existing Contact List’s name|
Localist’s integration with Google allows you to add your unique Google Analytics code as well as your Google Tag Manager code to track Google-specific metrics, improve reporting, and enhance your audience’s experience.
You can integrate with Google Analytics to track additional metrics by adding a Google provided GA Code to your platform’s Apps & Integrations section. A Platform Admin can do this by navigating to the Admin Dashboard > Settings > Apps & Integrations and entering the code into the Google Analytics UA Field.
Please note that you will see an additional GA Code present in the source code, which is Localist’s internal Google Analytics UA code. This is included for all Localist Platforms and cannot be removed at this time.
Google Tag Manager
The embed for Google Tag Manager will need to be added to your platform’s Theme Editor. To do this, a Platform Admin will navigate to the Admin Dashboard > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance> Current Active Theme > Edit HTML. Here, the GTM embed will need to be included in the Wrapper > Global Site Shell file.
If utilizing a SILK Wrapper, you’ll need to add the embed for GTM to your externally hosted HTML file. once you’ve made those changes to the Wrapper navigate to the Admin Dash > Settings > Platform Settings > Appearance > click Refresh Wrapper for those edits to be applied.
Search Engine Indexing
To give Google and other search engines the greenlight to index your new domain and platform, take these 3 steps:
- New Domains: If your Localist platform is a new domain, you’ll want to make sure it is registered and verified with Google. If you have not done so already, you can get started here: https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome.
- Homepage Events Display: If event-related content is not present on your community or organization’s main website, we suggest connecting it to Localist directly. Since your main website is already a trusted source, traffic coming to your Localist platform from your main website will increase your calendar’s standing with Google. If your community’s home webpage has an event section that is not yet driving your audience to your Localist platform, we recommend connecting them by way of a Localist Widget.
- Updating Existing Links: Additionally, if you have pre-existing event links, you’ll need to replace those links to direct to your Localist platform. If Localist is new to your community, you’ll want to make sure you get the word out! Over the first several weeks, we recommend introducing your new events platform in any community newsletters you’re circulating as well as promoting it over social media. The more sources of traffic, the better!
While these tips aren’t going to necessarily flip a switch overnight, you should anticipate seeing results faster if these steps are taken and maintained until your platform is established in your community.
Beta: Event Insights
About this feature
Our new Event Insights feature includes both an update to our existing review email notification and an all-new feedback form. To use this functionality with an event requires that you are either:
- Allowing users to express interest in the event
- Using Localist Register to formally collect attendees.
Try it out
1. Request access
Once you’re ready for this feature to be available on your platform, please let our team know so that we can turn it on.
2. Turn on the Event Review feature for your event
After the Localist Team has turned this feature on, navigate to a new or existing event’s edit page in the Admin Dash.
You will now see an Event Goals & Feedback section in the second half of the form. Select the checkbox for Request post event feedback from attendees.
This will turn on the four default questions that gauge the following:
- Retention: How likely are you to attend another event in this community?
- Connection: Did you connect with someone at this event that you didn’t know before?
- Growth: How likely are you to recommend this community to a friend or colleague?
- Information: How informative was this event?
While individual default questions can be unchecked, we encourage you to not do this during the beta testing period. That said, we understand that these questions (or reviews in general) are not appropriate for deadlines/holidays or events like a memorial service
3. UPDATE: Post-event email
This step mimics the already existing email notification workflow your audience is already familiar with. With this feature turned on, anyone who has registered via Localist Register or expressed interest in the event will receive an email within 2 hours of the event’s end time, asking to give it a star rating on a scale of 1-5 and/or leave a review.
Existing email being updated
5. NEW: Post-event page
If a user opts to select a star rating or “leave review,” they will be taken to the event page on your platform:
From here, the user’s star rating has been captured, but they will have the opportunity to provide additional feedback by selecting “Sure!”:
These questions are all optional and can be answered at a later time by selecting “Maybe later.” When selected, the user will see the following prompt if they navigate back to the event page in the future:
Here at Localist we are always striving to improve your communities and events. If you’d like to test drive features and help us shape the future releases of Localist, please sign up below. As a member of the Localist beta program, we’ll reach out to you from time to time as we are developing latest improvements. When we have a feature we’d like to test, you’ll get an email from our team with details about the feature and how to use it. You can always opt-out of any test or feature.
Count me in!
The Localist Support Team has a front row seat for seeing calendars flourish in the wild. Along the way, we’ve “bookmarked” platforms and customizations that have caught our eye and that we hope will serve as inspiration for you to put your best calendar forward.
Landing Page Customizations
Content & Promotion
Submit an Event Component
Legacy Support Bold
The customer is solely responsible for all actions required during setup. This includes, but is not limited to, adding Events, Filters, Groups/Places, Channels, Widgets and Settings. During your time with Localist, you can expect the CX Team to provide the following:
- Product navigation help.
- Recommendations tailored to your goals.
- Advice grounded in industry best practices.
- Inspiration from other successful Localist customers.
That said, The CX Team are not experts in using external application interfaces or products. If you are exporting content to other services (feeds or widgets) or importing content to Localist (feeds or stylesheets), The CX Team can only guarantee guidance and trouble shooting directly within the Localist platform. To ensure that you receive the most accurate instructions and best advice you may be directed to reach out to the other service’s dedicated CX Team in these scenarios.
Available with Support Bold
The following actions may completed by your Implementation Specialist on your behalf. The customer has full access to complete actions as they see fit.
|Bulk uploading of events from customer-provided spreadsheets||Bulk uploading any event spreadsheets that are provided by the customer, according to the customer’s specifications||Individually adding, editing or approving events|
|Calendar setting changes||Configuring settings according to the customer’s needs||n/a|
|Custom Domain||If given access to registrar, configuring appropriate CNAME record for domain||Purchasing a custom domain or purchasing on behalf of a customer|
|Feed configuration||Configuring feeds provided by the customer||Identifying and curating feeds from external sources, approving feed events and managing content in external applications|
|Landing page management||Reviewing and uploading any customer providing spreadsheets.||Identifying and curating info from external sources.|
|Newsletter creation and design||Building and designing newsletters to the customer’s specifications||Managing recipients and scheduling/sending newsletters|
|Photo Library management||Updating the Photo Library per the customer’s request||Creating or curating images.|
|Informational boxes||Creating boxes or CTA’s to the customer’s specifications||Building out linked content or scripting copy|
|Single sign-on setup||If given access, Localist will cover all steps involved. If not, coordinating with customer to set up.||n/a|
|Submission Guidelines||Localist will draft the copy based off of customer’s workflow and policies that are shared through a short survey. Once approved by the customer, Localist will implement. Styling is included with Custom CSS/Theme Editor action.||Drafting guidelines for the customer.|
|User permissions||Updating existing user’s permissions.||Manually adding users.|
|Widget creation and design||Customizing widgets to the customer’s specifications. If given access to CMS, Localist will add a homepage widget.||Localist Widget Builder only (no API development), changes to the containing page and embedding widgets outside of the website homepage.|
Available with Support Bold
Your Onboarding Specialist can apply the following customizations to your platform:
- Customer header/footer
- Logo (customer provided if no header/footer)
- Font families, colors, sizes and weights
- Background colors, borders and shading
- Text-decoration and hover styles
Support Bold does not include the following:
- HTML Theme Editor modifications. Your Onboarding Specialist is available to apply your brand’s aesthetic elements to the default, out-of-the-box platform. As such, your team will be responsible for any edits that require HTML modifications. These changes include, but are not limited to changing the structure of Localist content and language.
- Building features on demand. Example: a 30-day grid view of events.
- Changing the default functionalities. Example: event feed import times.
Preparing Your Team
Ensure your team is on the same page with regards to goals, expectations and roles during the onboarding process. Once you have reviewed and submitted the corresponding Onboarding Survey, your next step will be to schedule your Platform Tour.
New Feature Log
Welcome to the Localist Feature Log, your stop for learning what new features and enhancements have been made available to your admins and community.
Permission required to turn on a new feature
Permission required to use the new functionality or features containing the update
Area of the platform and themes impacted. Some updates are exclusively available on our Emphasis theme
June 9, 2022
Admin Dashboard Update
Our new dashboard experience aims to make it easier to quickly find your events, or events that might need your attention. You can easily see all events that you created, or are set as the owner for. Simply change the filter on the events dashboard from “All Events” to “My Events”. Our new event dashboard also includes quick links to see events that are Pending, Upcoming, or Recent.
April 20, 2022
To ensure Localist meets the WCAG 2.0 AA compliance standard and is accessible to your entire community, we have recently completed a full audit of our Emphasis theme. Your templates have been automatically updated with these changes where possible. However, if you’ve edited a template, you will need to review the template history to apply these updates manually. For access to our template repository, please submit an access request:
Theme Repository Request
Add to Calendar
- Link does not have href defined
- Link is not keyboard accessible
Events & Conferences
- Alert message close button is missing role and accessible name/label
- Users are able to browse outside modal with screen reader
- Links must have discernible text
- Non-Decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Show / Hide Map & Stream buttons are inaccessible by keyboard
- Cards: Focus issues
- Creation: Input errors are not described in text
- Buttons: pressed state is not conveyed
- Color alone is used to identify error(s)
- Group of form controls not associated with group label
- Label is not persistent
- Purpose of link is not clear in the context
- Start time / end time label / form field are not associated
Groups, Departments & Places
- Pagination arrows do not have meaningful text
- Pagination links do not have meaningful text
- Non-decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Previous / Next / Number pagination is missing role and name
- Trash/delete icons do not have discernible text
- Usage of Fontawesome icons do not have visible text when CSS is disabled
- Some form inputs do not have a visual label other than the placeholder
- Search: Expand/Collapse state of menus is missing or incorrect
Homepage & Channels
- Users are able to browse outside modal with screen reader
- Filter Modal: Non-decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Lightbox does not have keyboard functionality for the close button
- Modals need to focus lock and restore focus on close
- Login: Button text lacks 4.5:1 contrast ratio on hover or focus
- Login: Keyboard focus not maintained in modal
- Login: Label is not persistent.
- Login: Non-Decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Form field with error not identified
- Checkout date, quantity, custom question selects need accessible names
- Keyboard focus is not maintained in the modal
- Purchase Summary: Group of form controls not associated with group label
- Purchase Summary: Keyboard focus is not maintained in modal
- Purchase Summary: Visible group label missing
- Checkout: Keyboard focus is not maintained in modal
- Card: Image does not have alt text
- Page: Non-decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Social links do not have discernible text
- Manage Friends: Label is not persistent
- Manage Friends: Non-Decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Manage Friends: Visual list is not marked up as list
- Menu: Avatar image does not have alt text
- My Calendar: Users are able to browse outside modal with screen reader
- My Calendar: When the modal is closed, focus not returned to trigger
- Profile: CSS profile check marks have no text alternative
- Profile: Able to browse outside modal with screen reader
- Profile: Heading levels are out of order
- Profile: Links must have discernible text
- Profile: Modal is closed, focus not returned to trigger
- Profile: Birthday should be in a <fieldset>
- Profile: Setting birthday selectors do not have explicit <label> relationship, title, or aria-label
- Profile & Settings: Navigation “tabs” on user profile and settings do not mark current tab
- Settings: Hidden or empty element receives focus
- Settings: Non-Decorative content is inserted using CSS pseudo-elements
- Settings: Visible label missing
- Signup: Label is not persistent
- Settings: Email info circle tooltip does not have aria role and attributes
- Widget Builder & Email Digest: Tooltip elements do not have meaningful text
- Widget Builder page fails validation with a <script> after </html>
Automatic & Manual
New Resource: Template Repository
When new features and upgrades are made available, you can now easily and quickly review the necessary template changes in our public template repository. As a reminder, your platform will be automatically updated with these changes if no customizations have been made to the corresponding template. However, if you’ve edited a template, you will need to apply these updates manually. For access to our template repository, please submit an access request:
Theme Repository Request
Emphasis + Legacy
Update: Multiple Choice Custom Field
When creating a Custom Field, you can now provide predefined answers with a multiple choice question format. For example, “Is this event a part of our Spirit Week celebrations?” / “Yes” or “No”
Emphasis + Legacy
March 1, 2022
Update: Publish Event Permission
Publish Event is an added Event Admin Permission assignment that allows you to choose if your Event Admins can add or edit events via the Admin Event Form and publish them directly to the platform, or if their events should go to the Pending Queue for further moderation:
- Checked: When checked, Event Admins are able to add, edit, approve, and/or reject events without moderation. This option is checked by default.
- Unchecked: If unchecked, when an Event Admin adds an event, it will go to the Pending Queue for approval. When an Event Admin edits an event, it will be removed from the live platform and placed in Pending for approval.
Event Admins + Publish Event
Emphasis + Legacy
February 10, 2022
Update: Concept3d Map Integration Upgrade
Upgrades to the Concept3d map integration in Localist include:
- Full-Width Display: Previously the Concept3d Maps did not span the full width of page’s body content. Now it matches the width of the page in Emphasis.
- Interactive Functionality: Click the arrow dropdown within the map component of each location in Localist to see additional information such as photos, a description, or directions that have been added in Concept3d.
January 26, 2022
Update: Email Templates
With Email Templates, Platform Admins can edit content, layout, and styles of notification emails coming from your Localist platform via the Email Customization Editor.
Update: Register Attendee Question
When using Localist Register, you can now provide predefined answers with a multiple choice question format.
October 21, 2021
Conferences are multi-day events that enable you to include scheduled sub-events or sessions. This may also apply to festivals, workshops, trainings and other special series.
May 17, 2021
Update: Featured Carousel Play/Pause Controls
The Featured Carousel component now has a play/pause button that starts and stops the slider.
If your Featured Carousel is not displaying the pause/play button as expected, your platform customizations have prevented Localist from automatically applying this feature update. A Platform Admin will need to review the following Theme Editor file and manually put in place the required code. To access this code, you can create an inactive theme with no customizations to review the default code. Alternatively, you can reset these files then re-apply your customizations, but this is only recommended if you have lightly modified the theme file AND a copy of your customized theme file code is saved outside of the platform.
- Play/Pause Button: Shared Among Multiple Views > _featured_section
May 11, 2021
Event Insights: Post-Event Review Email (Update) & Admin Report (New)
Event Insights replaces our legacy event review system with a flexible survey that helps you understand how each event contributes to your community goals. Gain deeper insights from event attendees about the topic, format, and overall experience of your events to better inform your community event engagement strategy. We’re excited to deliver you the ability to:
- Build a data-driven business case to calculate your Return-on-Events
- Identify which events are moving the needle on business outcomes you specify e.g. new community member recruitment, fostering connections, and much more
- Inform planning around new topics and event formats that will land with your audience
April 9, 2021
Update: Batch Rejection
Platform and Event Admins can now batch reject events in the Pending Queue via the Batch Actions dropdown.
Platform & Event Admins
March 9, 2021
Update: HTML in Feeds & CSV Uploads
The following HTML tags are now supported when included in an event’s description in CSV/ICS/RSS Feeds and CSV bulk uploads: strong, em, b, i, p, code, pre, tt, samp, kbd, var, sub, sup, dfn, cite, big, small, address, hr, br, div, span, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, ul, ol, li, dl, dt, dd, abbr, acronym, a, img, blockquote, del, ins, iframe, u
Update: Feed Error Reporting
Errors related to failed Feed imports will now be displayed in the status column on your Feeds management page.
February 5, 2021
Feature: “New” Event Label
For events that have been approved within the last 30 days, a “NEW” label will automatically display on the event card. This label will be automatically removed when the event has reached 31 days since approval.
If your event cards are not displaying the “NEW” label as expected, your platform customizations have prevented Localist from automatically applying this new feature. A Platform Admin will need to review the following Theme Editor file(s) and manually put in place the required code. To access this code, you can create an inactive theme with no customizations to review the default code. Alternatively, you can reset these files then re-apply your customizations, but this is only recommended if you have lightly modified the theme file AND a copy of your customized theme file code is saved outside of the platform.
- Event Card: Shared Among Multiple Views > _event_item
January 11, 2021
Feature: Zoom Integration
When creating Virtual or Hybrid events, you can now connect to your Zoom account to generate meeting details without leaving the Localist event form.
Event Admins + User Submissions
Emphasis + Legacy
If your Public Event Submission Form is not displaying the Zoom fields as expected, your platform customizations have prevented Localist from automatically applying this new feature. A Platform Admin will need to review the following Theme Editor file(s) and manually put in place the required code. To access this code, you can create an inactive theme with no customizations to review the default code. Alternatively, you can reset these files then re-apply your customizations, but this is only recommended if you have lightly modified the theme file AND a copy of your customized theme file code is saved outside of the platform.
- Submission Form: Events > Public Event Submission Form
January 4, 2021
Update: Personal Payout Accounts
When using Localist Register, Event Admins can now add their own personal Strip payout account so that their event funds are directly deposited to their Stripe account. Previously, Stripe accounts were only added at a global level and managed by Platform Admins.