By default, every event listing has an “I’m Interested” button.
How it Works
- When selected, the event will be added to the user’s personal Localist calendar: My Plans. If it is a recurring event, the user will be prompted to select all dates or specific instances.
- After selecting a date, the user will be prompted to share the event to Facebook, if they are signed in with Facebook or have added Facebook connect to their account.
- The user will be added to the “People Going” box and will be listed on the Attendee roster found on the event’s edit page in admin as RSVP’ing through Localist.
- Reminder: The day before the event, users who selected I’m Going will automatically receive an email reminder about the event.
- Review: The day after the event, users who selected I’m Going will automatically receive an email prompting them to review the event.
After selecting I’m Interested button, a “You’re interested” message will appear above the ticket button, etc. To remove the event, the user only needs to select change dates (recurring event) or cancel plans (non-recurring event).
I’m Interested + Ticketing
The I’m Interested functionality does not take the place of official ticketing as there is no cap on how many people can select I’m Interested and not purchases are made via this RSVP method. The purpose of this functionality is to add the event to a user’s personal calendar to trigger a reminder + review.
If an event includes a ticket URL for purchasing or registering, users will be prompted to continue to the external ticketing service when they select the I’m Interested button. If it is a free event (ticket URL + no price) then the button will display Register.
Note: It is not possible to hide the I’m Interested button on a per-event basis or to place a cap on how many people can select I’m Interested.
By default, every event details page includes an Invite Friends button.
When selected, a box will appear to select to invite all “friends” on the Localist platform or to enter specific email addresses.
If the email receiving the invitation is associated an account in Localist, the individual will be prompted to sign in and the invitation will be available via the notification next to me, which will take them to their Activity Feed.
If the email receiving the invitation is not associated with an account in Localist, the link in the email will take the individual to the event’s details page.
By default, every event details page includes a Recent Activity section below the filter details, etc.
- Those who mark themselves with “I’m Interested” will be notified when someone comments on the event, but the user cannot reply directly to the commenter via email. The only way to respond is by leaving a public comment on the event details page.
- When the event becomes a past event, a review button will also be included + any submitted reviews.