- Staging Facts
- Accessing Staging
- Related Articles
- Your staging environment is not synced with your production platform.
- If Localist updates staging, it will be a one time import. For example, if an event or branding is changed after the import these items will not update.
- Staging imports do not include photos. The space and positioning will display, but the default gray star will be shown.
- By default, feeds are not enabled in staging. If you would like to test feeds, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring Data and Branding to Production: It is not possible to import data from staging to production. Any additions and custom modifications will need to be manually copied into your production platform.
1. Navigate via Settings > Appearance
2. Select Go to Staging Calendar
3.This will take you to the calendar homepage in staging where you will see an Admin link just as the production platform shows.
- Single-sign on is not enabled on staging, so you will need to access staging via the link in the Appearance tab instead of directly visiting the staging URL.
Who Can Access Staging
Any user that has admin permissions can access staging by adding/staging_redirect to the end of the admin dashboard URL.When in staging they will have the same exact permissions that they were granted on production. For example, an Event Admin won’t have access the settings/newsletters/etc. when in staging.