Displaying event content on your homepage is absolutely crucial–not just to ensure the success of your online events calendar, but also the success of each event on your calendar and your website as a whole! Need inspiration? We’ve gathered some of our favorite ways our customers highlight events on their website homepages. Here’s how:
- Show off what you have to offer – Your homepage serves as the first impression for website visitors. Giving a glimpse of what’s going on gives a breath of personality and community to your page.
- Easy navigation – Make event content just one click away from your homepage and readily discoverable for your visitor’s eyes.
- Increase event visibility – Whether you want to raise attendance at a specific event or drive traffic to your main calendar, displaying content on your homepage is the first step towards your goal.
Choosing a Display
Ultimately, the best display will vary from organization to organization depending on your homepage design and its overall goals.
Below you’ll find a variety of styles, layouts and placements of events on website home pages that we hope inspires you to add events to your website homepage thoughtfully and creatively. Note: Not all displays featured are being powered directly by Localist widgets.
The Common Thread: All of these formats showcase events in a way that is easily discoverable and digestible to users.
Allegheny College: allegheny.edu
Alongside News & Social
- Mini Calendar & View Full Calendar button
- Blurb about event community and calendar
- Background image & “read more” links
- Intro: Widgets
- FAQ: Widgets
- API vs. Widgets
- BEST PRACTICE: Why Your Organization Should Use Localist Widgets
- BEST PRACTICE: Implementing a Full-page Widget