Featured events are events that you would like to give a prime spot on your calendar homepage or channels to receive some extra attention.
In this article you’ll find:
- Featured Event Facts
- Adding a Featured Event
- Featured Tabs
Featured Event Facts
- The order is chronological and can not be customized or manually decided.
- Once an event is in the past it will be removed from the carousel automatically.
- There is no limit as to how many events can be featured, but only 10 will be displayed at a time. Once one event passes, the next occurring event will be added from the list.
- An event can be featured and sponsored at the same time.
- It is not possible to slow down the slider time, or remove the automatic sliding.
Adding a Featured Event
- In your admin dashboard, navigate to Events > Live to assign a current event a featured spot or to Events > + Add Event to create a new event.
2. If choosing from a current event, select the event from the list of live events.
3. While in the event’s edit/create form you will see Featured listed under the last section titled Settings.
4. Select Featured Events.
Assigning in a Bulk Upload CSV
If you download a template you will see a column titled Featured Tabs. In this column, enter the name of the Featured Tab or if you do not have any custom tabs, enter Featured Events. The names must match exactly.
1. In your admin dashboard navigate to Content > Channels
2. Select the Edit Layout button for Events Calendar to modify your homepage Featured Events or another Channel.
3. In the left column you will see a Featured Tabs component:
Featured Tabs: A group of sliders. By default, there is only one slider.
Featured Slider: Additional sliders that are switchable with tabs (See: Concerts and Conferences).
Select +Add New Featured Slider to divide your Featured Events:
Assigning Events to Featured Tabs: In the event form’s Featured drop down you will see options listed as Channel Name – Featured Tab. For example, if you have a Concerts tab for homepage Featured Events you will see Events Calendar – Featured Concerts listed. If you have a Concerts tab for a Channel then you will see Channel Name – Featured Concerts listed.