Localist offers visibility settings that control where and how an event will be displayed to users.
In this article you’ll find:
- Visibility Options
- Assigning Visibility Options to Events
By default all events are visible, which means they are displayed on the calendar at all times and to anyone who visits your calendar.
2. Visible Only When Logged In
When this is set, events will not be displayed on the calendar to users who are not logged in, wether it be via a Localist account, Facebook Connect or another SSO method. Once a user logs in then the event will be displayed.
RELATED ARTICLE: Single-Sign On
This option will prevent the event from ever displayed on the calendar. The only way to see the event is if the event creator or an admin circulates the event’s URL. After creating and saving a hidden event, select View Event in the blue bar that appears. This will take you to the hidden event details page where you can access the URL.
4. Place Page Only
Selecting this flag will hide the event from all calendar pages, except for the place landing page where it may be listed under upcoming events.
RELATED ARTICLE: Place Landing Pages
5. Widget Only
Selecting this flag will hide the event from all calendar pages, except for widgets. This is particularly useful for internal calendars created using a Localist widget.
RELATED ARTICLE: Widgets
6. Exclude from Trending
Selecting this flag will prevent this event from being included in the trending list. This is ideal for events like holidays or academic calendar dates that may receive a lot of traffic, but don’t add quality or content to the homepage.
Assigning Visibility Options to Events
1. Per-Event In the event’s create/edit form you will see Visibility listed under the last section of the form, Settings.
2. Bulk Uploading In a bulk upload CSV your template will include (or you can add) columns titled:
- Visibility : Enter Hidden or Logged In. Since events are visible by default you do not need to specify if they should remain visible.
- Sponsored: Enter 1/y/yes/true
- Place page Only: Enter 1/y/yes/true
- Widget Only: Enter 1/y/yes/true
- Exclude from Trending: Enter 1/y/yes/true