Adding a Custom Field
1. In your admin dashboard, navigate to Content > Custom Fields
2. On the initial landing page, you will see the options to select to add a custom field to the event, place, user, and group forms. To add a field, select one of these options.
Note: the process for adding a custom field is the same for all options.
3. Select +Add Custom Field
4. On the create form you will see these details:
- Label: This is what will be displayed to the left of the field on the submission form and on the event details page to identify the information.
- Tooltip: This allows you to add further instructions or communicate extra details about how the information will be used.
- Type: You can create an HTML field, which will be a larger text box with editing options (boldness, embedding, etc.) or a basic text field.
- Public Form: If checked, this field will be displayed and available to regular end users who use the public submission form.
- Required: If Public Form is checked off then you will have the option to mark the field as required.
- Details Page: If checked, this field’s information will be displayed on the event’s details page.
5. When back on the custom field landing page, if you have more than one field you can use the blue arrows to rearrange the order the fields will be listed on the submission forms.
Note: In the admin submission form these fields will be displayed and marked as Custom Fields under the filter drop downs. On the public submission form they will be listed at the bottom of the form.