Homepage Events include two sections: Featured Tabs and Event Tabs (Trending and Upcoming). Your calendar homepage is technically a Channel so both sections can be modified by navigating to Content > Channels
In this article you’ll find:
- Featured Tabs
- Homepage Tabs
- Related Articles
More information can be found in our dedicated Feature Events article here: http://support.localist.com/article/featured-events
1. In your admin dashboard navigate to Content > Channels
2. Select the Edit Layout button for Events Calendar to modify your homepage Featured Events or another Channel.
3. In the left column you will see a Featured Tabs component:
Featured Tabs: A group of sliders. By default, there is only one slider.
Featured Slider: Additional sliders that are switchable with tabs (See: Concerts and Conferences).
Select +Add New Featured Slider to divide your Featured Events:
By default, the homepage channel includes an Event Tabs: Group component that displays a trending and upcoming list tab as well as one featured slider.
To modify the content, select a tab. The following options will appear in an Edit Component list on the right side:
- Title: Text that appears on the left as the header of the list tab (“Trending Events” below).
- Label: Text that a user selects to switch list tabs (“Trending” below).
- Container CSS Classes: Enter a unique selector to target only this channel’s component with custom CSS.
- Sort Events: You can sort events By EventScore (trending) or By Date (chronologically)
- Number of Events: Choose from 1, 5, 10, 25, or 50
- Time Period: Keeping “Today” selected ensures that the channel will include content within a rolling time period starting from today and ending a maximum of 366 days in the future. To create a non-rolling time period, select “Custom” to specify a different start date, then continue by number of days past the start date that the period should include.
- Include in Trending: By selecting this option, Localist will create a trending list tab that only includes events from all current list tabs that also have this option selected. For example, if you have list tabs for “Athletics” (Include in Trending), “Workshops” (Include in Trending) and “Tours” (not in trending) then the Trending list that Localist creates will only include athletics and workshop events.
- Show Link to All Events: If selected, a “view more events” link will be displayed at the bottom of the event group that will link users to the regular, unfiltered All Events page.
- Included: You can specify to include events related to filters, places, groups, tags and keywords.
- Excluded: You can specify to exclude events related to filters, places, groups, tags and keywords.